Birchbox February 2015
12:46 PM
What I received:
- Noir Long-Wear Eyeliner in Forever Noir (Full Size $15)
- Cynthia Rowley Creamy Lip Stain in Heart Throb (Full Size(.17 ml) $23 - Sample value(.079 ml) around $10.50)
- Mèreadesso All-in-one Moisturizer (Full Size $120 - Sample value around $28)
- Whish Three Whishes Body Butter (Full Size(150 ml) $26.75 - Sample value(22ml) around $3.93)
- Color Club Art Duo Pen in Black (Full Size set of 3 $25 - Sample value $8.33)
Price: $10 cdn a month plus $4.95 shipping
Value: This month was much better in terms of value compared to last month which was just over $25.
Opinion: I'm really not a big fan of this month. I know that whether a box is good or not is subjective. If I were happy with the items in this box then I would love this month but I don't (though it's mostly due to personal preference). If there is one item I never want to receive in a beauty box again its body butter/hand cream. I have really sensitive skin and most creams just end up irritating it not to mention you receive them constantly in every box. The next item on the list would be black eyeliner. I have so many black eyeliners from boxes I'm confident I'd never need to buy another especially since I rarely use pencil liner. It could be a really nice eyeliner but I already have 5 un-used ones sitting in my drawer that I will never get through. The lipstain is interesting though to sheer and glossy for my liking so it's a miss for me. I'm also not one for nail art these days so I don't see myself using it and will likely pass it on.
The only item I really intend to use is the face moisturizer but I know I would never purchase because of the price. I think next month may be my last Birchbox since I have yet to receive an item I actually use.
The big plus for Birchbox is it's point system. You earn $5 worth of points each month (if you review your box) which you can spend in their online store. You can only redeem them in $10 intervals so if you have $25 worth of credit you can only use $20 or wait until you reach $30. The points do add up fast and the U.S seems to offer deals where you get extra points from time to time which I have yet to see in Canada. You also get charged duty and extra shipping which takes away from your points when you spend. You need at least $10 worth of points just to cover shipping and extra charges.
For Canadians: This is Birchbox Canada but the products received seem to be the same ones US subscribers have received in past boxes. The extra $4.95 makes it seem less of good of a deal than it is for US subscribers. The store also ends up being more expensive because of the extra money you have to put out for shipping and duties.
Grade: B-
You can check out Birchbox HERE.

0 comments