Glossybox February 2015
12:48 PM
What I received:
- Julep Color Treat in Heartleigh (Full Size $14)
- Royal Apothic Tinties Lip Butter in Pink (Full Size $14)
- Rituals Cosmetics Foaming Shower Gel Sensation in Yogi Flow (Full Size $15)
- Unwash Bio-Cleansing Conditioner (Full Size $36 - Sample Value around $6.50)
- Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Curl Mascara (Full Size $22)
Price: $21 usd a month (plus $5 shipping to Canada)
Value: This month's value was really good. The great thing about Glossybox is that even their sample sizes are generous and other than my first box the majority of the products I've received from GlossyBox in general, have been full sized.
Opinion: Another Glossybox I enjoy a surprising amount. When I first saw the previews I wasn't very excited about it. I'll get the negatives out of the way first. I am not a fan of the Jelly Pong Pong mascara. I received it in a Luxe Box awhile back and wasn't a fan especially for the $22 price tag. My only other complaint is that it seems to take forever for my Glossybox to arrive each month. I know part of it is the extra distance and customs to get to Canada but my box doesn't even ship out until after other people have started to receive theirs. I'm not sure if it's just luck of the draw or based on your region but I have yet to receive my box before the 20th(which makes the valentine's theme this month a little too late).
But onto the good, I do really like my other items and am curious to at least try them out. I am already a (sometimes) subscriber to Julep and like their nail polishes. The polish is really cute and something I may not have picked for myself but is nice to have. The Unwash conditioner looks interesting and isn't something I've heard of before. It isn't full size but it's still a decent size and will let you test out the product for awhile.
My two favourite items are the Royal Apothic lip tint for the adorable packaging alone. I don't usually like pink for my lips but it's sheer enough that it gives you a nice shade without being too in your face pink. It also doesn't have too much shine. It has some but it's super glossy like some, which I prefer. It'll be handy for days I don't or can't wear my normal dark, matte lips. My #1 favourite is the Rituals foaming shower gel. I love shower gel but am usually to cheap to buy something that isn't on sale let alone priced at $15 but it smells amazing and feels so nice on the skin. I don't know if the fact it's a foaming gel makes any difference but it didn't dry out my skin. The scent lingers slightly on the skin but not in an overwhelming way but it smells so nice I wouldn't mind if it did.
I'm still hopeful Glossybox starts featuring more make-up then skin and hair care but even so this box was a win for me.
For Canadians: The extra $5 definitely a pricier subscription option but the pay off seems to be way better than others. This is a much better option than Luxe Box/Loose Button which is a similar price and you get far less value and less appealing brands.
Grade: A
You can check out Glossybox HERE or go to glossybox.com. There is currently an offer to get a 6 piece gift set worth $100 if you purchase a 6 month or 1 year subscription by entering 6GWP2015 at the checkout.


0 comments