Glossybox Holiday 2014
12:41 PM
Talk about belated. I debated about even bothering to share this but despite the wait I will still probably get their next Limited Edition box so here we go...
Why so late? I purchased my Limited Edition box on Black Friday and it took over 2 months to receive it and the first 5-6 weeks of that I was given no real info about why it was taking so long or where my box was despite e-mailing about it 3 times. Each time I was told they would look into it but it was never followed up. Finally, in early January, I got an e-mail from Glossybox that there have been weather damage at the warehouse and that the boxes would be sent out in December's box instead of the lovely looking red velvet special edition box but we would get all the products as well as 1000 Glossydots (1000 Glossydots get you a free month of Glossybox). It took about 2-3 more weeks before I actually had it delivered to me but it did arrive with everything in it.
What I received:
- NCLA Nail Lacquer in Satin Sheets, Velvet Ropes - Full Size $16
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Loose Colour Concentrate in Smote - Full Size $14
- Cargo Cosmetics Texasliner Liquid Eyeliner - Full Size $20
- Teadora Nourishing Lip Butter in Rainforest at Dawn - Full Size $15
- Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Wind - Full Size $20
- The Lip Bar Lipstick in Crimson Wonderland - Full Size $25
- Korres Volcanic Mineral Mascara - Full Size $20
- Calvin Klein Reveal - Full Size $70
Price: $40 usd one time payment (plus $5 shipping to Canada)
Value: Ridiculously good. That's over $150 worth of full size items. Even if you like 3 of the items you get your money's worth and more.
Opinion: This is my favourite thing Glossybox has ever put out... in general. That includes all the boxes they put out before I was even a member. My main complaint about Glossybox is them not including enough make-up so this box is PERFECT. I had wanted to try most of these items or brands anyways so the chance to get full size items for such a good price was amazing. You also get to see everything in the Limited Edition boxes before you buy it (including the colours you receive) so you know whether it will be worth your extra money or not.
My only complaint was how the delay was handled. My e-mails to customer service were replied to quickly as were my e-mails regarding another mix up (on my end) and was handled quick. It took almost 6 weeks to find out what happened to the boxes and that's just too long to wait for information. I do appreciate being given what is basically a free month to help make up for the problems.
For Canadians: The extra $5 definitely a pricier subscription option but the pay off seems to be way better than others. This is even more true with this box. The actual value of the box is sooooo much more than the cost even with the extra $5.
Grade: A+ for what you receive but I'd have to give a C for how the whole thing was handled.
You can check out Glossybox HERE or go to glossybox.com. There is currently an offer to get a 6 piece gift set worth $100 if you purchase a 6 month or 1 year subscription by entering 6GWP2015 at the checkout.


0 comments