Glossybox March 2015

12:57 PM

_DSC0003
This box arrived extremely late due to another weather issue at their warehouse. Hopefully the April box arrives on time.
What I received:
  • TREE HUT Coconut Lime Shea Body Butter (Full Size $7.49 - Sample Size $2.49)
  • RICH HAIR CARE Pure Luxury Intense Moisture Shampoo (Full Size $3.99)
  • MODELCO More Brows Eyebrow Thickening Gel in Medium/Dark (Full Size $18)
  • SO SUSAN COSMETICS Concealer Quad (Full Size $30.95)
  • OROGOLD COSMETICS 24K Multi-Vitamin Day Moisturizer (Full Size $178 - Sample Size  est. $50)
Price: $21 usd a month (plus $5 shipping to Canada)
Value: This month's value was really okay. The value of the Orogold moisturizer was very high even for a sample but the value of two other products that were under $10 which is rare for Glossybox. The great thing about Glossybox is that even their sample sizes are generous and other than my first box the majority of the products I've received from GlossyBox in general, have been full sized.
Opinion: This is not my favourite Glossybox unfortunately. Right of the bat there are two items that have a low value which is rare for them. Usually the items are a little pricier and are products you may not want to pay for without trying first.
I personally never like getting body lotion or body butters. I have sensitive skin and most lotions irritate my skin. I don't mind getting them every so often because I can pass them along to friends or family so hopefully they can make use of it.
The Rich shampoo sounds good but after reading about it, it is not sulfate free. I have started to avoid products that contain sulfates and parabens especially for hair and have noticed a difference so I won't be trying this. I will pass it along as well.
I did a double take when I read the price of the Orogold moisturizer. It retails for $178 for 1.7 oz!!! It claims to contain actual 24 carat gold which explains the high price. I've not read much about this product or how well it works for sensitive skin but I have to admit that I like the idea of rubbing gold on my face.
I'm excited to try the Model Co More Brow which appears to be a dupe for Benefit's Gimme Brow which I am a big fan of even though I don't like the price which is close to $30 in Canada. Hopefully this product is a good dupe.
The last item is a So Susan concealer palette which I'm on the fence about. It could be very handy but it will also depend on the quality of the product. I have received So Susan products in boxes before and have never been too impressed but maybe this one will work out better for me.
This definitely is not my favourite Glossybox and none of the products were very exciting to me when I found out what was in it but there are a few potentially useful products. Can't win them all.
For Canadians: The extra $5 definitely a pricier subscription option but the pay off seems to be way better than others. This is a much better option than Luxe Box/Loose Button which is a similar price and you get far less value and less appealing brands.
Grade: B
You can check out Glossybox HERE or go to glossybox.com. The code "OPRAH" may work to get 20% off an annual subscription.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images