Top Box January 2015
12:35 PM
Before we get started, I should say my box arrived damaged. The cheek and lip tint from MeMeMe shattered during shipping. Glass containers + Canadian winters don't make for a great combo. I did contact customer service and received a reply the next morning letting me know they refunded this month's fee and that they'd be more considerate of what and how they ship. Anyways, I cleaned off what I could but it looks like it soaked into the Eyeko wipes. But we'll do this anyways.
What I received:
- MeMeMe Cosmetics Cheek & Lip Tint (Full Size $10)
- Lise Watier Lift & Firm 3D Duo Serum 24 Hrs (Full Size $78 - Sample Size approx. $11.64)
- Elizabeth Arden FLAWLESS FUTURE Powered by Ceramide™ Moisture Cream Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30 (Full Size $60 - Sample Size approx. $8.45)
- Eyeko Mascara Off Eye Makeup Remover Wipes (Full Size $12)
Price: $12 cdn a month plus tax ($13.56)
Value: The value is pretty good. You get about 3 and a half times what you pay worth of product and a chance to try items I wouldn't usually put out money for without trying them.
Opinion: Aside from receiving a damaged package, this still wasn't my favourite box, though I can see others enjoying it. I'm just not a huge face of receiving skin care products in general. Though it is nice to try products i wouldn't usually purchase due to the high price, if you're a fan of it because of a sample it may be too expensive to purchase. Also if you're like me and have sensitive skin, I'm always a bit nervous about trying new products no matter how expensive they are. MORE MAKE UP!
I will say one cool thing Top Box does is let you make a "wishlist". Each month you get an e-mail listing what "Prive" boxes are being sent out. You select the ones you'd like to potentially receive or choose to receive a regular box if none appeal to you. "Prive" boxes usually contain 1-2 full size items from a specific brand. You won't know whether you get one until you open your box but if one catches your eye it's worth a shot. So far each time I've opted for one I've received it.
For Canadians: Topbox is still a great Canadian subscription to try. No extra hidden fees when it comes to shipping.
Grade: B-
You can check out TopBox here.

0 comments