Topbox February 2015
12:45 PM
What I received:
- Boxx Cosmetics Lip Color in Akoko (Full Size(1.5g) $18)
- Philosophy Foaming 3 in 1 cleansing gel for face and eyes (Full Size $25 - Sample Value(30ml) approx. $4.73)
- Elizabeth Arden FLAWLESS FUTURE Powered by Ceramide™ Eye Gel (Full Size $48 - Sample Size(5ml) approx. $16)
- Eyeko Hydrogel Eye Patch (Full Size $18 - Sample Value $4.50)
- *Add-on* Deborah Lippmann "Let's Go Crazy" Nail Polish (Full Size $22)
Price: $12 cdn a month plus tax ($13.56). I also got the $10 mystery add on for this month.
Value: The value is pretty good. You get about 3 and a half times what you pay worth of product and a chance to try items I wouldn't usually put out money for without trying them IF you are interested in trying those items.
Opinion: This was another dud box for me. I'm beginning to find the brands you receive extremely repetitive. I've received Elizabeth Arden 3 times in 5 months and Eyeko two months in a row. Even the bonus Deborah Lippmann nail polish feels repetitive because I just received a "Prive" Deborah Lippmann box in December. I'm disappointed with both the size and quality of the Boxx lipstick samples**. I received 2 and I'm not sure if that was intentional or not but they're both the same colour and very sheer. The only item I'm really interested in trying is the Philosophy cleanser since I've never tried the brand before.
I will say one cool thing Top Box does is let you make a "wishlist". Each month you get an e-mail listing what "Prive" boxes are being sent out. You select the ones you'd like to potentially receive or choose to receive a regular box if none appeal to you. "Prive" boxes usually contain 1-2 full size items from a specific brand. You won't know whether you get one until you open your box but if one catches your eye it's worth a shot. So far each time I've opted for one I've received it except this month.
**Apparently the Boxx Cosmetics item is full size which seems extremely small especially for the price.
For Canadians: Topbox is still a good Canadian subscription to try. No extra hidden fees when it comes to shipping and exchange rates.
Grade: B

0 comments