Loose Button "Luxe Box" Winter 2014
12:30 PM
Oh Luxe Box I really hoped this second box would be better. That the last one was a fluke but it's clear that just isn't the case.
What I received:
- 1 Skyn Hydro Cool Firming Face Gels (Sample size $4.98)
- Mini Nicole by OPI Nail Polish in Profoundly Purple ($3.99)
- Paula's Choice Clinical KP Treatment Clothes (10 pack is
$14$7) - Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo (sample size $10)
- So Susan Flutter Mascara (
$20.95$17.95) - Loose Button Eye Lash Curler ($20)
- Biotherm Aquasource Cocoon (Sample size $15) *My box was missing this item
- Butter London Moisture Matte Lipstick in Ruby Murray ($25) **This was an extra $10 to receive in your box
Price: $26 cdn a season plus tax + $10 to receive the Butter London Lipstick
Value: Pretty terrible. I am aware that the actual value of all the items is well over the price you pay but it never seems worth it. I also find that they overvalue the cost of the products they give you. For example they eyelash curler is their own brand so they can assign any amount to it. I compared it to my $4 drugstore curler and there is no real difference in quality between the two. A quick google search with find you discounted prices on most of the items as well. Just going to the official site of some of these products brought up lower prices than the ones given by Luxe Box. The lipstick isn't even part of the regular priced box but an extra item you can choose to add for $10. That was a $36 box and most items weren't even full sized.
Opinion: The more expensive the box the more you expect from it and I've had better boxes that were less expensive. I've cancelled my subscription and the process wasn't the best. You have to call and it took me a few tries to get through and even then they had to call me back. Though the representative was friendly they do try to tempt you to stay with a free box which I don't like.
For Canadians: I would pass on this box. If you're looking for a Canadian based subscription service try TopBox. If you're looking for a better box at a similar price try Glossybox.
Grade: D
If you want to try out Luxe Box for yourself you can do so here.

0 comments