Topbox May 2015
1:05 PM
Sorry for the late reviews but I was out of town. Anyways...
What I received:
- TheFaceShop Herbday 365 Cleansing Foam Aloe (Full Size $6)
- TheFaceShop Seaweeds Moisturizing Pack (Full Size $12 – Sample Value approx. $3.50)
- Medusa's Makeup Eyeshadow in Headhunter (Full Size $8)
- D:FI Reshapable Spray (Full Size $27 – Sample Value $1.62)
- *Bonus $10 item* MeMeMe Seventh Heaven Enriched Moisturizing Facebase (Full Size $28.65)
Price: $12 cdn a month plus tax ($13.56). I also got the $10 mystery add on for this month.
Value: I didn't find the value very good this month. The 4 regular items add up to under $20 and so if you decide not to use 1 or 2 of the items you aren't getting your money's worth. Topbox is usually a bit better with the value so this may just be an off month. The $10 bonus items was nearly $30 so based on that it was a good deal (if you use the item).
Opinion: This month is a miss for me once again. It wasn't terrible and I will get some use out of the items but they don't feel like anything special or have very low value.
I'm most excited about the eyeshadow from Medusa's Makeup. I've been curious about the brand and like their more interesting colours.
I've never used any items from TheFaceShop but I appreciate one of the items being full sized. The foaming cleanser will be useful though I have a few cleansers I already like so I'm not sure this will beat them. The moisturizing pack will be passed along to a friend.
I am extremely picky about hairsprays because not many actually keep any hold in my hair. Even sprays that claim to hold all day tend to stop working quickly with my hair so a spray that is "reshapeable" doesn't sound like it will work well with my hair. I may try it around home and see if it works, if not I will pass it along.
Topbox will sometimes offer a "mystery bonus item" for $10. You don't know what you will receive but the value could be anywhere from 20 - 80% more than what you pay. I opted for it this month and received the MeMeMe moisturizing Facebase.
I was a pretty disappointed to receive a face product from a lesser known line since I have sensitive skin. It is supposed to work as a primer that moisturizes and evens out skin before applying makeup. The product itself has a very strong orangey scent which doesn't seem like a good idea for a face product but I will try it.
For Canadians: Topbox is still a good Canadian subscription to try. No extra hidden fees when it comes to shipping and exchange rates.
Grade: B-
You can subscribe to TopBox HERE .

0 comments