Julep January 2015
12:38 PM
My first "official" Julep box! (apologies for the poor lighting)
What I received: I got 3 nail polishes.
- Maryam (Dark merlot shimmer) Nail Polish ($14.00)
- Sandi (Smoky eggplant crème) Nail Polish ($14.00)
- Margit (Shimmery silver) Nail Polish ($14.00)
Price: The Welcome Box was free if you pay the $2.99 shipping. After that it is $24.99 a month. It can be as low as $19.99 a month if you pay for multiple months at once.
Value: The value v.s the suggested retail price is great. I don’t think I would pay $14.00 for an individual nail polish but they have so many deals on their online store that if you decided to purchase an individual colour you could easily get it for less. But the value of the box is well worth the $24.00 for 3 full size products. Even at the drugs store purchasing 3 items for that price is difficult.
Opinion: I really do like Julep. That said, I already skipped next month's box. Not because I don't enjoy them but I received so much nail polish at Christmas I just don't need any right now especially for $24.99 a month.
But, if you do have the money to spend and like nail polish (or nail art or trying their make-up and skin care) then you should try them them. The boxes are so customizable. Every months from the 20-24th you can go through dozens of options to build your box exactly how you like. Or you can take a chance and just wait to get your box based on the quiz you take when you join.
Julep is different in that it's less of sample subscription service featuring various companies providing samples to get their name out there and more of a company who you're buying full size items directly from each month. Everything is by Julep so as long as you are happy with the brand then you should be happy with what you receive.
You can also skip with Julep after your first paid month which is a feature I love and wish more services would have. Maybe you're short money that month but know next month will be better? Most services you'd have to quit then re-subscribe and possibly be on a waiting list... again. Plus any points or bonuses you have earned may be lost .
I'm sure I'll get Julep again in the next few months but I'm happy that I won't have to pay this month just to stay subscribed and get polishes I don't need.
For Canadians: Finally a service that doesn’t overcharge Canadians! Shipping is $2.99 for the first box for both the U.S and Canada and all other orders ship for free to Canada. The shipping has been great so far. I usually receive my box mid month and you are kept up to date with the status of your box via email.
Grade: A
You can check out Julep here. Or use this referral link to get your first welcome box for free (they will e-mail you a code).

0 comments