L'Oreal Paris Fibralogy Shampoo and Conditioner Review

1:04 PM

_DSC0017
 *I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
And now for something a little different... I was given the chance to try the new Fibrology product line by L'oreal. I have very fine, flat hair that requires a lot of backcombing just to get a bit of volume so I was definitely curious.
According to L'oreal "A new science for hair fibre is born. L’Oreal Paris Fibralogy haircare thickens hair wash after wash, and expands the diameter of the hair fibre for voluptuous-looking hair! Our breakthrough thickening haircare contains filloxane, an innovative molecule that penetrates the fibre and helps increase its diameter from within. Hair is thicker and feels fuller."
There are three products in the line that all work together (via L'oreal).
  • Fibralogy Shampoo – A texture that spreads easily and evenly for effective, lasting cleanliness.
  • Fibralogy Booster – An ultra-concentrated pre-conditioning booster which instantly increases the substance inside the hair. Mix with conditioner after shampooing for our most concentrated dose of filloxane.
  • FIbralogy Conditioner – A velvety soft texture that softens the hair.
My Experience:
The first thing I should mention is that these products are not sulfate and silicon free which is something I now look for in haircare products. I was constantly dealing with an irritated scalp and since I switched to more natural shampoo and conditioner I have had much less trouble with irritation and healthier feeling hair. But I was curious about whether I could get thicker feeling hair so I tested these products for 4 days before I personally couldn't take it anymore.
The first day wasn't so bad. The shampoo smelled nice and my hair felt clean and conditioned after but it didn't feel or look any fuller. The second day was when my scalp started feeling itchy but I thought it may just be from switching shampoo. So I decided to keep trying it. By day four, my scalp was so irritated it began to hurt. I never noticed any change in the fullness of my hair and my hair started to feel like my hair was drying out even though I was conditioning it daily. It also felt weighed down and was more difficult to get any styling I did to hold.
I have a sensitive scalp and very fine hair so it could be that this product is just not something that work for me but most people with fine hair look for products that add volume so it seems odd to me to not cater the product to people with thinner hair and the problems they may have.
I can't say I recommend these products especially since buying all 3 items works out to around $25 (a bit less at some stores) when you can spend a bit more for salon products that have better ingredients.
Grade: F

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images