Topbox March 2015

12:55 PM

_DSC0006
What I received:
  • NYX Slide On Pencil in Golden Bronze (Full Size $9.99)
  • Reversa Cleansing Micellar Solution (Full Size $23 - Sample Value(30ml) approx. $2.30)
  • Elizabeth Arden FLAWLESS FUTURE Powered by Ceramide™ Caplet Serum (Full Size $72 - Sample Size(5ml) approx. $12)
  • StriVectin-AR Advanced Retinol Night Treatment (Full Size $120 - Sample Value $16.80)
Price: $12 cdn a month plus tax ($13.56).
Value: The value is pretty good. You get about 3 times what you pay worth of product and a chance to try items I wouldn't usually put out money for without trying them IF you are interested in trying those items.
Opinion: This is my third disappointing TopBox in a row. I am personally really tired of receiving Elizabeth Arden samples and so many skincare samples in general. It's getting very repetitive even if the samples are from good brands. I've tried to get the Benefit Prive* box twice but haven't had any luck in receiving one. I still think TopBox is worth it and is the most affordable beauty subscription available to Canadians.
I do wish they were set up more like Ipsy, GlossyBox or Birchbox and offered points to put towards items or future boxes.
*I will say one cool thing Top Box does is let you make a "wishlist". Each month you get an e-mail listing what "Prive" boxes are being sent out. You select the ones you'd like to potentially receive or choose to receive a regular box if none appeal to you. "Prive" boxes usually contain 1-2 full size items from a specific brand. You won't know whether you get one until you open your box but if one catches your eye it's worth a shot.
For Canadians: Topbox is still a good Canadian subscription to try. No extra hidden fees when it comes to shipping and exchange rates.
Grade: B-

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images