Ipsy March 2015

12:49 PM

_DSC0008
What I received:
  • Pixi by Petra Mesmerizing Mineral Duo (Full size $17.70 - Sample Size $5.90)
  • NYX Cosmetics Butter Lipstick in Pops (Full size $6)
  • ACURE Day Cream (Full Size $18.99 - Sample Size approx. $8)
  • Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter (Full Size $18)
  • skyn ICELAND Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels (Full Size $30 - Sample Size $7.50)
  • Price: $10 usd a month (plus $4.95 shipping for Canadians)
Value: Over $45.00 worth of items if you were to purchase the items at full retail value. There wasn't as many full size items in this bag as there have been in recent bags but for a "$10" subscription bag 2 full size products is pretty good.
Opinion: Oh Ipsy. Once again, I feel odd complaining about a bag I did like at least in theory. I like that I got a full size NYX butter lipstick but I just didn't like the shade I received. I like the highlighter though it isn't an item I necessarily need or will reach for often. I do like the eyeshadows and the colours but they are colours I already have a few times over. As usual, I'm not one for skin care products and I've received the Skyn eye gels in a previous subscription bag.
The confusing thing about Ipsy is trying to figure out who it's marketed towards. Often the make-up seems to be aimed towards younger women and make up beginners yet the skin care items seems to be aimed at women over the age of 30. It always leaves me wanting more from one aspect of the bag.
I have a feeling that once again, many of my items will be passed along to friends and family. Sigh, maybe next month will be better.
For Canadians: My bag arrived pretty quick again this month. Some boxes seem to come a bit late when they are sent from the states to Canada but other then December my bag arrives just a few days after it ships. The current exchange rate makes the bag seem like less and less of good deal though.
Grade: B
You can subscribe to Ipsy HERE.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images