Herbal Essences Wild Naturals review
1:06 PM
*I received these products complimentary from bzzagent for testing purposes.
Back again with a product review, this time I was given the Herbal Essences Wild Naturals Rejuvenating Collection. First of all about the products:
Via Herbal Essences "Having a fierce head of hair is good, but knowing what goes into your shampoo, conditioner and hair treatment is even better. Fortunately, with the NEW Herbal Essences Wild Naturals Rejuvenating Collection, you don’t have to choose between pure ingredients and powerful performance.
Mother Nature knows best — especially when it comes to hair care. That’s why this collection combines Turkish fig with the naturally restorative properties of Indian cassia to return dull, dry hair to its natural radiance. Here at the Central Hive, we love the 60% reduction in hair breakage and the 90% increase in protection from future damage, but we’re starting to feel a little weird about how often we’re sniffing each other’s hair now."
There are three products in the line that all work together (via Herbal Essences).
- Herbal Essences Wild Naturals Rejuvenating Shampoo - Strengthening shampoo cleanses for smooth, healthy-looking hair.
- Herbal Essences Wild Naturals Rejuvenating Conditioner - Moisturizing conditioner that deeply nurtures and restores your hair’s vitality.
- Herbal Essences Wild Naturals Rejuvenating Oil Elixir - Nurturing hair-elixir formula deeply softens and remedies dry hair strands while strengthening against damage for irresistibly soft hair.
My Experience:
The first thing I should mention is that these products are not sulfate and silicon free which is something I now look for in haircare products. I was constantly dealing with an irritated scalp and since I switched to more natural shampoo and conditioner I have had much less trouble with irritation and healthier feeling hair.
The scent for all the products is similar is a very nice, it's described as "turkish figs paired with cassia flower". It does smell slightly chemical but it's much better than some scented products out there.
Unfortunately, I was only able to use the shampoo once because my scalp was already irritated after one use. My hair did feel pretty clean but there was a filmy feeling left after use. I decided to stop using it to avoid my scalp becoming too sore since it's been extra sensitive lately.
I had a bit more luck with the conditioner. I used it three times over a week and didn't seem to have any irritation issues. My hair did feel softer the days that I used it but it also left a filmy feeling and my hair had no body and it wouldn't hold any styling those days.
I decided not to try the oil elixir. I'm not a big fan of products like that in general and already had a sore scalp so I decided to go back to my regular routine.
These products didn't work for me but may work better for someone with thicker hair or who does not have colour treated hair.
You can find the products in Canada at your local Loblaws or Real Canadian Superstore. Suggested prices for the shampoos, conditioners, treatments and starter kits range from $5.99–$13.99.
Grade: D

0 comments