Ipsy May 2015

1:05 PM

FullSizeRender-(1)
What I received:
  • Price: $10 usd a month (plus $4.95 shipping for Canadians)
Value: The value this month was around $30. Unfortunately it was hard to calculate the true value for some of the samples so this could be a bit off. On the other hand this month's bag was by far the nicest actual bag we've received and was made by From Breakups to Makeup whose bags sell at Sephora for $20+.
Opinion: This bag was weird for me because I like the bag just because of the bag it came in. I immediately put it in my purse as my new makeup bag. That may be making me bias because it's less exciting as I go through each item.
I will definitely be using the Urban Decay pencil. I'm a big fan of lip primers and am happy to try their version of it. However I'm not a gloss fan so have no urge to try the small samples. I'll pass them along but since they are awkward to use they may go un-used.
The BellaPierre eyeliner is fine. It's hard to get excited over a black pencil liner.They are always handy to have on hand but I'd like to receive a colour that's more fun in a bag one day.
I do like the Bronzer by Pixi but bronzer is a product I rarely use and this one is too orange for me anyways so I will pass it along.
The Peter Lamas cleanser and Caviar CC hair cream will both also be passed along. I have too many random cleansers to use and nothing about this one excites me. As for hair products I'm trying to use as few as possible as I've been having issues with my scalp.
For Canadians: Ipsy is usually my first subscription to arrive each month so shipping has never been much of an issue with Ipsy. However, the extra shipping fees combined with the current exchange rate make Ipsy close to $20 cdn a month which doesn't always seem worth it.
Grade: B
You can subscribe to Ipsy HERE.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images