Glossybox November & December 2014

12:33 PM

IMG_1171IMG_1186
First of all these are obviously a little late but there was a delay because my address got mixed up. But after talking to customer service and getting it changed they re-sent both boxes together. Hopefully, january arrives with no problems in a couple of weeks.
What I received (in the november box):
  • Kneipp Her Bath: Balancing in Lavender - Full size $20 (Sample value around $3.63)
  • 12 Benefits Instant Healthy Hair Treatment - Full Size $20 (Sample value  $5)
  • Kryolan for Glossybox: Blusher in Glossy Pink - Full Size $16.17
  • OPI Nail Lacquer in Pink Outside the Glossybox - Full Size $9.50
  • Juice Beauty Green Apple Age Defy Moisturizer - Full Size $45 (Sample value $11.25)
Price: $21 usd a month (plus $5 shipping to Canada)
Value: It's a good value. You get over twice what you pay for in the box and even the "sample" sizes are very generous for a sample size.
Opinion: This isn't my favourite month that I've seen from Glossybox based off the previous boxes they show on their site and youtube reviews but it isn't bad. The sample sizes are still on the larger size so you actually have enough product to see how it really works instead of a tiny one you only get a few uses out of. I almost always prefer make-up products over skin or haircare though so I was hoping for more than one.
Grade: B+
IMG_1167IMG_1189
What I received (in the december box):
  • Ciate Mini Paint Pot in Yule Rules - Full Size $10
  • Toni&Guy Leave In Conditioner - Full Size $16.99
  • Bellapierre Mineral Lipstick in Burlesque - Full Size $19.99
  • Nuxe Masque Creme Fraiche De Beaute - Full Size $32
  • Rituals Cosmetics Miracle Scrub in Ginseng & Ginko Biloba - Full Size $17
Value: This month's value was insanely good. All the products were full size and the total value was over $95.  The brands this month are mostly great and ones that I had wanted to try.
Opinion: This month's box was great. The products were all full size and items I would like to try but may not have been willing to put out the money for so it worked out great. I was still hoping for more make up items but it seems like 1-2 make-up products out of 5 products is the norm with GlossyBox. It is great that you get a variety from hair to nails to face. My biggest complaint is something particular to me, which is the Bellapierre lipstick. I'm not one to complain about a lipstick but this brand shows up often in nearly every subscription service I've tried and I've never been that impressed especially for the price. I will definitely keep trying this one for a few more months especially if I like them as much as I liked this month.
For Canadians: The extra $5 definitely a pricier subscription option but the pay off seems to be way better than others. This is a much better option than Luxe Box/Loose Button which is a similar price and you get far less and less appealing brands.
Grade: A
You can check out Glossybox HERE or go to glossybox.com. There is currently an offer to get a 6 piece gift set worth $100 if you purchase a 6 month or 1 year subscription by entering 6GWP2015 at the checkout.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images