Julep Welcome Box - November 2014
12:28 PM
So with all the Black Friday deals going around I decided to finally give Julep a try. I was looking to get some new nail polish and the colours in the welcome box looked great so now was the time.
What I received: I got 3 nail polishes and one eye liner.
- Fazia (Rich shimmery red) Nail Polish ($14.00)
- Margarita (Deep purple) Nail Polish ($14.00)
- Nancy (Shimmery silver) Nail Polish ($14.00)
- Gel Eye Glider pencil in Rich Brown ($16.00)
Price: The Welcome Box was free if you pay the $2.99 shipping. After that it is $24.99 a month. It can be as low as $19.99 a month if you pay for multiple months at once.
Value: The value v.s the suggested retail price is great. I don't think I would pay $14.00 for an individual nail polish but they have so many deals on their online store that if you decided to purchase an individual colour you could easily get it for less. But the value of the box is well worth the $24.00 for 4 full size products. Even at the drugs store purchasing 4 items for that price is difficult.
Opinion: I received my “Welcome” box and two polishes that were available in the store. Everything arrived quickly and with no issues. They also package everything nicely which is always a treat. The products themselves seem great. I tried one of the polishes right away and it was pretty true to the colour pictured and was opaque in two coats. I didn’t love one of the colours but that’s fine because they make good gifts.
I don’t plan on get this box every month just because it is a pricier box and I don’t need that much nail polish so I’m happy I can choose to skip as much as I want so when a box I love comes along I can get it without any issues.
For Canadians: Finally a service that doesn't overcharge Canadiens! Shipping is $2.99 for both the U.S and Canada and all other orders ship for free to Canada. The shipping was also pretty quick at about 5-7 business days. The box is also below the costs of what customs can charge for so no surprises at the door.
Grade: A
You can check out Julep here. Or use this referral link to get your first welcome box for free (they will e-mail you a code).

0 comments